10 Tips to Find the Best Flooring Installer
If you’re not ready to do it yourself, finding a quality flooring installer is an important piece of the puzzle for getting that new floor in the right way. Here are some tips to think about as you search for reliable expertise:
- Research potential contractors: Look for reviews, ratings, and references from previous customers.
- Verify licenses and insurance: Make sure the contractor has the proper licenses and insurance to perform the work.
- Get detailed estimates: Request detailed estimates that break down the costs of materials and labor.
- Consider the contractor's experience: Look for a contractor with experience in the type of flooring you want installed.
- Check for certifications: Look for certifications from organizations such as the National Wood Flooring Association or the Ceramic Tile Education Foundation.
- Look at the contractor's portfolio: Ask to see examples of the contractor's previous work to get an idea of their skill level and style.
- Discuss the project timeline: Make sure the contractor can work within your desired timeframe and schedule.
- Ask about warranties and guarantees: Find out what kind of warranties and guarantees the contractor offers on their work.
- Communicate clearly: Make sure you understand the scope of the project and that the contractor understands your expectations.
- Trust your instincts: If something about a contractor doesn't feel right, it's best to move on and find someone else.
It is important to also consider the type of flooring you want installed, as some flooring materials require special skills and experience to install properly. Additionally, it is important to make sure that the installer is familiar with and follows the manufacturer's installation instructions.
When you have narrowed down your list of potential contractors, schedule a consultation or in-home estimate. Take note of the contractor's communication skills, punctuality, and professionalism during the consultation.
It's also important to get detailed written estimates and contracts that include the scope of work, materials and labor costs, and a timeline for completion. Be sure to read and understand the contract before signing it.
Make sure the contractor is able to provide references and customer testimonials, and follow up with them to get a sense of the contractor's reputation and quality of work.Don't be afraid to ask the contractor any questions you may have about the installation process or their qualifications. A good contractor will be happy to answer your questions and put your mind at ease.
MyFloors.co currently supports Calgary and surrounding area for installations and we’re happy to help you with any installations questions you have.